Reach Up Survey

To see how my audience feels about the product I want to produce, I created a survey with Survey Monkey. I asked questions to find out more about the background of the person answering the survey, involving their work history and the experiences in getting a job. I also asked what kind of features people would like to see from my service.

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 18.16.40 Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 17.43.32

I first asked people whether or not they are currently employed and if they are in a career path they wish to pursue. Most of the people who answered are unemployed and only one person out of the people who had a job wanted to continue that line of work. The results of this survey present multiple issues that I hope I’d be able to help with my service. Getting people into a job is one thing, but helping people find a career that makes them happy and want to continue pursing can be another thing entirely. This is what I want to be able to help people with with Reach Up, so that they are not just working, but are happy to be doing so.

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 17.44.15

I asked if people would be interested in a service that helps them get a job more closely related to their interests. The results were overwhelmingly positive as everyone who took the survey said that they would. This shows that there is definitely an audience for this product, and many people who would use it.

I wanted to know what kind of features people would want to see from this service, so I asked about a few and left a space for people to add their own ideas below.

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 17.44.28

The most popular of the three, with 100% of people who did the survey interested in it, was getting advice from people in the career you are interested in. This is great since my original plan for this service was just this; connecting young people with other people in the industry they were looking to get into. The next most popular result was to hear advice from other users, and this can easily work along side hearing from people in the industry. I can simply have users show if they are employed or not, and if they are what line of work they are in. Being able to know who you are getting your information from helps to quickly see how reliable the information is. I also asked whether or not people would be interested in seeing links to articles relating to the career they are interested in. This was the least popular of the features I suggested but it still seems like something that people would be interested in seeing. No other suggestions were posted below for this question, so I can assume that I covered everything that people would be interested in seeing.

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 17.44.41

I asked if people would be interested in seeing positions available from hiring companies that would advertise through Reach Up. These results honestly surprised me as everyone involved in the survey wanted to see this feature. To achieve this I would need to either reach out to people in multiple industries and ask I they would want to advertise positions on this service, or I would partner with another job advertising service to display the positions both on their service and on Reach Up.

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 17.45.03

I also wanted to know if people would want to see news relating to job searching. This too proved to be a popular feature that people would want to see. I can add a few links by myself by searching around and checking news sites every so often to see if there is any news relevant to youth employment of just employment in general.

Thanks to this survey IĀ feel a lot more comfortable about Reach Up and what I want to achieve with it. I can see that it is something that my target audience is interested in, and I now also know specifically what they want to see from this service and how popular each of these features would be.